I just ordered Red Boat fish sauce with nomnompaleo’s free shipping coupon code. Planning this meal when it get’s here:
Vietnamese is, hands-down, one of my favorite cuisines. I love how most dishes combine salty, sweet, sour, and umami. Plus, my favorite items have contrasting temperatures and textures which makes it feel like I’m hosting a party in my mouth.
Unfortunately, I rarely eat Vietnamese food nowadays because there’s sugar in most dishes, it’s grain-heavy (e.g. pho, banh mi, bun, etc.), and almost all fish sauces contain sugar and/or hydrolyzed wheat protein. However, all that’s gonna change now that I’ve gotten my hands on a bottle of Red Boat fish sauce.
For the past week, I’ve been poring over my neglected copy of Andrea Nguyen’s Into the Vietnamese Kitchen looking for yummy recipes to Paleo-ize. Her book is phenomenal as are her blogs – she’s an expert in all matters pertaining to Vietnamese cuisine and Asian dumplings.
The first recipe I tackled was Bo Kho (beef stewed with tomato, star anise, and lemongrass) and, boy, was it yummy!
See the recipe after the jump!
- myasgardianprince reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- myasgardianprince likes this
- kimchibum likes this
- ricardobilbio likes this
- eclectic-ellie likes this
- sparkplugz likes this
- lizloses286 reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- nosoupinthebenz likes this
- daebaksoshi-lingstahle reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- daebaksoshi-lingstahle likes this
- alysia-wallace reblogged this from mypaleokitchen
- heseon likes this
- dortheauo90 likes this
- pikaju92 likes this
- smokin-la likes this
- mypaleokitchen likes this
- mypaleokitchen reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- rthr likes this
- nomnompaleo posted this